At Selby Acoustics, we specialise in tech products. However, we also have a business to run and we need to stay on top of the latest technologies available to businesses. We recently explored reasons to consider a mobile app to accompany our website sales. We’d like to share with you what we’ve found. The first thing to understand is that a mobile app won’t replace your website, but can work in conjunction with it to keep your audience engaged. Having a mobile app developed also does not replace the need for your website to be mobile friendly. In fact, if you are looking ahead to a mobile app, you should make sure that your website is fitted with a mobile first platform, not just a mobile friendly design. These are just some things to consider when upgraded the technology for your business. Here are 10 reasons you should consider a mobile app for your business.
- Keep Up with Your Competition: If your competition already has a mobile app, then you might be behind the ball. It is time to start innovating and inventing one that is better and make sure it works for your company. If your competition does not yet have a mobile app developed, then you have the chance to be ahead of the curve and innovate for your industry.
- Establish Your Brand as a Leader: There are many aspects to a mobile app that will position your company as a brand leader in your industry and as an authority with your customers. It is important to understand the many aspects of a mobile app, it isn’t just for sales, there is so much more that it can do for your business.
- Keep Consumers Engaged: When a consumer downloads your company’s app and makes room for your company on the limited space on their mobile device, you have to understand that it is both an honour and an opportunity to keep them engaged with your company. It isn’t just a sales tool, but does so much more for the relationship you have with your customers.
- Increase Sales: Of course, increasing sales is a big reason for developing a mobile application. However, it is important to remember that the road to sales through mobile app communications won’t all come through sales forward messaging. Just like with social media, you can’t abuse the “in” you have to communicate with your customers with nothing but sales messages. Instead, make them feel special with exclusive offers and deals that will make it worth it to users to download and keep your app on their smartphone.
- Bring Together the Customer Experience: A mobile app can do so much to give your customers a better experience with your company. You can use it to help improve your customer’s experience. It will help you collect data of how your customers use the app and connect with your company in different ways. This data will help you understand how to improve your interactions with your customers, and thereby improve the customer experience.
- Ties into Social Media: Through push notifications, you can further engage your mobile app users to engage more with your social media channels. You can use the app to prompt users to post on social media and even offer rewards for doing so.
- Push a Loyalty or Rewards Programs: If you have a loyalty or rewards program, it is easy to gamify it with a mobile app. The mobile app will help keep users engaged with your loyalty or rewards programs and also helps to keep your brand top of mind with them.
- Increases Branding: When you design and use your mobile app correctly, it will increase your brand awareness. Consumers will immediately recognize your brand based on the logo.
- Stay Top of Mind: All of the reasons we already detailed above tie into staying top of mind with your audience. Any of your consumers who download your mobile app will no doubt have your company top of mind more often than those who do not have the app installed. Make sure to give them a good mobile app experience that brings value to them and justifies taking up the valuable space on their mobile devices.
- Keeps You on the Technological Edge: A mobile app positions your company as a tech forward leader in the industry and as an expert for your audience. To your audience, the technology translates to convenience when they want to engage with you, your brand is right at their fingertips. However, a mobile app does one more thing in the area of technology edge; it keeps your company on the edge of technology and ready to upgrade to what is next on the horizon.
Summary and Takeaways for Your Business
You don’t need to be a big corporation to take advantage of the great opportunity to have a mobile app. As you can see, it can be a valuable tool to communicate with customers and increase sales, engagement, and branding. When developing your app, think about what you like about applications and what makes you keep them on your phone. Do not use tactics to get sales that will annoy users and prompt them to delete it.